Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Expanding groups into names

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishkake

MIS
Feb 11, 2004
GB
Hello again... I'm starting to hate this project with a passion now, I'm on here every day!

I have a Names field in my profile document, which stores groups. I want users to be able to access a list of individuals, from a Dialog List field in another form, but using the standard formulas just brings up the group name.

I fear you'll have to use the group name to do a lookup in the server NAB.

Pascal.

Actually, I sorted it!

I have a visible editable field on my profile where the user can put different group names, and then a HIDDEN editable field which updates (through "Exiting") to contain exactly the same, but in the hiddent one, I have enabled "Look up addresses on document refresh" which is what I need. Now the visible field looks nicer, with just grou names, but the hiddent field creates a list.

:)

Don't be so surprised at yourself ! You've put a lot of effort into understanding Notes, and now it's starting to pay off.
I say that's worth a good, cold beer.
I'll have one for you tonight ;-).

Pascal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back