Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exmerge.EXE

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigjohn8210

Technical User
May 26, 2004
GB
When i run this tool after downloading it from the microsft website and extrating it i click on Exmerge.EXE

Error
This application has failed to start because dapi.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix the problem

Any Idea's

I would guess you have reinstalled with no better result ?

Install it where i extracted it to desktop in it folder

Where does the tool need to be to run

System 32 etc

You have to drop it off in your \exchsrvr\bin folder. Then if you want to make it easier on your self, create a shortcut on your desktop or where ever its easiest for you to run it from manually.

You will also need to run it from that folder - either change the directory in to there if you are at a command prompt or set the startup folder path if you are making a shortcut.

What is the purpose of it anyway anymore? Ex. 2003 has a move mail option to different storage groups, and it's probably easier to export to a .pst in Outlook.

Well, EXMerge can be run against the entire IS in a batch - much better than manually opening each profile to export to a .pst.

Biggest use is migration from Exchange 5.5.

I've also seen it used as a "pseudo" backup for Exchange.

exmerge will sometimes extract data from an info store that has crashed, allowing for a more complete recovery.

It can also extract from a store that has been unmounted, allowing for data extraction should the server be down for maintenance or any other reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back