Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exmerge and a mailbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnibankBS

MIS
May 1, 2008
US
I'm trying to merge a mailbox from backup (ie already restored to the "recorvery storage group"). Name of the account is crowell. Now before all this was done originally the users account got deleted.... including his mailbox..... now I know what you are thinking re-link his mailbox to the new name... I cannot it got purged.... yes I know welcome to my world.... continuing.... I created a NEW account for crowell.

So as you can see I have the OLD mailbox which I need to "merge" with the new mailbox.... what I've done is selected exchange task and try to do a merge within systems manager and I get hte following error code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="unicode" ?>
- <taskWizardRun taskName="Recover Mailbox Data" dcName="SERVER" buildNumber="7638" runningAs="NAEMHERE@bank.xxxxx.com">
<timespan startTime="2008-05-01 10:59:19.878" milliseconds="1594" />
- <recoverMailbox>
- <destination>
<database>/dc=com/dc=DOMAIN/dc=bank/cn=Configuration/cn=Services/cn=Microsoft Exchange/cn=UFSBancorp/cn=Administrative Groups/cn=First Administrative Group/cn=Servers/cn=EXCHANGE/cn=InformationStore/cn=First Storage Group/cn=Mailbox Store (EXCHANGE)</database>
</destination>
</recoverMailbox>
<taskSummary errorCount="1" completedCount="0" warningCount="0" errorCode="0x00000000" />
- <items>
- <item adsPath="CRowell" class="user">
<progress code="0" milliseconds="1594">Connecting to source server.</progress>

ERROR CODE:
<summary isWarning="false" errorCode="0xc1050000">The attempt to log on to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer has failed. The MAPI provider failed. Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store ID no: 8004011d-0512-00000000</summary>
</item>
</items>
</taskWizardRun>

I looked the code up... on MS site: article# 264413

I did what they state, however..... the strings match exactly....
I'm not sure what I need to do this.... I did try using EXMERGE but for some strange reason I cannot see crowells mailbox in there.... why would that be? I can see it in the recovery group no problem. Please advise and any additional help would be appreciated.

yes.... when I do that.... I get an error stating some mailboxes could not be listed... guess what he's one of them..... see log.....

[15:51:04] Error! Cannot identify the user with the msExchMailboxGuid \26\F0g\01F\AEdF\BB\A2\B2\87\24mm\E1. The legacyExchangeDN is /O=UFSBANCORP/OU=FIRST ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=CROWELL.

this came from the exmerge.log go figure .

If you have the PST, after creating the new account and box, logon to the mbox with Outlook and open the PST as well and manually copy the content of the PST over to the new.

When restoring a mailbox (with BackupExec, which is what I use) you can use the restore to different location option to restore the mailbox to the new user directly in the store.

Hope this helps...
Mike G. MCSE MCDBA CCNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back