Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exit a Standalone JS app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navitas

Programmer
Jul 20, 2004
GB
Hi,

Is there a Javascript alternative to 'application.exit()'??

I have a standalone javascript application that invokes local dll's to interact with another application's API suite -(no interaction with a web browser at all in this instance).

I have created a simple JS file but want to stop execution at a certain point if conditions are not met. I cannot find any way of doing this other nesting the code in 'if' statements so that it naturally flows to the end of the file without invoking any further commands.

I'm looking for an End/Stop/Exit command that will just stop the JS file from executing any further code and simply exit? Does this exist???

Cheers
Darren

Thanks for the response - but I don't have anything to return to - I just want the code to stop executing.

I know I could wrap it all up in functions and 'if' statements to check the result of the function etc, but I was just wondering if there was any way just to 'exit' when I told it to!

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back