Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Existing Dreamweaver templates on Joomla website

Status
Not open for further replies.

monae

Technical User
Dec 27, 2004
US
Hello,

I created a website using Dreamweaver templates for my client. The department website I created uses Dreamweaver (CS3) and the rest of the departments websites are using Joomla (I was told this after the fact). My questions are:

1. Will this create a problem or conflict? I was thinking I could upload my Templates and department folder directly using my FTP program.

2. I noticed there already is a "templates" folder with some folders and an index.html file. So, if I upload my files, will my files conflict because mine refer to "Templates" and the root folder is called "templates".

Any help on how to handle this would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,
MonaE

1. Probably - it's always likely to be a problem using second-hand code.

2. Depends if the server is Windows or *NIX. Windows file/directory names are case-insensitive - *NIX are case sensitive.

Easy solution is to become a web builder rather than a copy/paster - that way you actually understand the stuff you create and these problems shouldn't arise in the first place.

If you want the best response to a question, please check out FAQ222-2244 first.
'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'
Drive a Steam Roller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back