Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exhange licensing with SBS 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

chagme

IS-IT--Management
Jan 19, 2002
US
Hello,

I have SBS 2000 and I'm thinking of setting up Exchange Server, but need to understand the licensing requirements.
If my SBS2000 came with 5 CALs, does that mean I'm ready to setup 5 POP accounts on Exchange Server?

In otherwords, do the 5 SBS2000 CAL's cover any connections to any server application on that server or do I need additional licenses?

So far I've been handling the email with Eudora Internet Mail Server Light on G3 running OS 9. Reason I'm thinking of moving to Exchange is for better SPAM prevention and Web access to email (assuming Exchange can do that). Otherwise EIMS works realy well.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

"Do I believe in Free Will? Of course. I have no choice."
- Isaac Bashevis Singer

The 5 licences are user licences - so you can have 5 users who each have pop accounts with no worries. Setting up Outlook Web access is also quite simple. Should at some stage you need to purchase more licences (more new users) purchase the Small Business Server 2003 licences - same cost but allows you to use them now and in the future should you upgrade.

Claudius (What certifications??)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back