Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exel 2007 - Multiple Filtered Charts from 1 source Pivot table?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ICCIIT

Technical User
Jul 21, 2003
GB
OK... I have one pivot table with a "Department" filter so that each of the 20 departments can see their own results from the orginal data source.

What I would like to do is

Have 1 worksheet for the pivot table (worksheet 1)

Have another worksheet with a set of charts (1 for each department) the data source being the single pivot table in worksheet 1

Then each "chart" being filtered only to the relevant department

At the moment, i can create everything but when I change the filter on one chart they all change to the same filter so I have multiple charts of the same!

Is there a way of filtering each chart to the required department?

I should add that it can of course be done by creating 20 "copy" pivots tables and then 20 filtered charts! but I was rather hoping that it could be simplified....

Hi,

Is it absolutely necessary to SEE all 20 charts at the same time? If so, what is the rational for this requirement?

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

We are acting as the supplier of the graphs to an external third party who will not have access to the main data source.

The rationale is that each month the background data connection to an Acesss db is refreshed and a set of 4 different pivot graphs (80 in total) is required for distribution to each of the 20 third party departments.

I just wondered if there was a way to created "filtered" graphs, then I could copy and paste each of the 4 master graphs 20 times and just apply the department filter on each.

At the moment it looks like I have to copy the pivot table for each graph too!

You do not necessarily need to use a Pivot Table to generate your aggregations.

You could use 20 queries. You could use formulas.

Withe either of these, you just supply the department value.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back