Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Executone IDS 42

Status
Not open for further replies.

LawDawg06

Technical User
Jul 29, 2014
US
I have recently acquired a new office with an old, Executone IDS 42 phone system and all of the hardware. Is this even worth messing with? Everything worked a month ago but the old tenant's information is slim at best. I need to have a total of two lines, different from the previous owner, and my local fiber optic telecom professional just doesn't have experience with these units. Just wanted opinions on whether this is worth the hassel.

THANKS

The first thing I would do is get a manual from Ebay or such.

Always look out for the next tech. because one day it will be you!

Executone IDS/42 is a good system, but vendors who know how to make it work are becoming fewer in number. Programmed using terminal (laptop with terminal software) emulating TVI950. There is likely a flood of parts on the market right now. If I were you, I'd replace it with an Avaya Partner ACS (used is fine) - where programming and operation are attainable for just about any tech.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back