Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Execution speed of frame scripts vs handlers 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryans1000

Programmer
May 21, 2001
US
I have a main movie script that uses several 'go to frame' commands to control the flow of execution of lingo. Each of the frames has a frame script that is executed with an 'on enterframe' . The main movie script takes 4-5 seconds to execute which is a bit too long. I was wondering if I could improve the execution speed if I converted all the 'go to frame' statements to just call different handlers instead executing different frame scripts. I would just try it on my own but because of the complexity of the movie, I do not want to attempt this conversion unless I know it will improve the execution speed.

Thanks,
Ryan

always use handlers, they will keep your movie easier to handle. And they are faster, jumping to frames takes time for the system to find, calculate and draw all the sprites.

What kind of things is your script doing? There are probably other ways to speed it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back