Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Execution order, load plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

akotmaale

Programmer
Nov 5, 2003
DE
Hi,

i need some help. I've got a complex mapping and just before the target Definition there is a filter.

What i want to do is: parallel to this filter-target_definition connection create a filter-aggregator-stored_procedure connection.

The aim is: i get from this filter via aggregator max and min values, which are input parameters for my stored procedure.

The problem is that this procedure must be run ____before___
starting loading data into target.

I can't find any synchronization mechanism in the designer. Target load plan isn't suitable here because it works only with multiple source qulifires.

Please, please help

akotmaale

If you SP Trans is between the Agg Trans and Target then it should be the feeder to the Target.

Sri

Hi,
it isn't.Because the input of my stored procedure is the min and max values of the filter. and my procedure should disable idexes for partition that are within this two values. So the first thing is to disable this indexes and the second to load data. But in the designer that is parallel. I've got a workaround - a staging table. I load this staging table and then I scan it for the value due to disable the indexes. And the last thing is to load data from staging to dest. table. The performance is for me acceptable.

akotmaale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back