Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Execution of this application has stopped due to a run-time error

Status
Not open for further replies.

lcoble

Programmer
Jan 22, 2002
US
Hello Group,

I have a run-time Access 2000 db that when users try to access a data form get the following error: "Execution of thi sapplication has stopped due to a run-time error. The application can't continue and will be shut down." Oddly, I have the full blown Access load on one of the users system and she does not get the error. I've tried the following:

1) Import the form from a previous version
2) Recreated the sub form
3) Uninstalled and reinstalled run-time and the application
4) Compacted and Repaired
5) Ran dcom and mdac

My next 2 steps is to import all objects into a new shell and installed run-time from the original CD. Amy help would be greatly appreciated.

The following 4 articles from MSKB all reply with the same error message you are getting. All involve only the run time library. Hopefully at least one will contain your answer.

Q172090
Q177908
Q262094
Q306361.
Robert Berman
Data Base consultant
Vulcan Software Services
thornmastr@yahoo.com

Thanks, for the reply. I forgot to mention that I've checked out the MSKB articles. If I understand the Query By Form or Filter by Form correctly, I'm using that functionality in many other Access2000 apps. I am not using this code anywhere in the application "DoCmd.RunComand acCmdFilterByForm" ...

However, I did leave out one fact, I had previously preformed a Word Mail Merge against one of the queries in this database. Do you think they would have had anything to do with the sudden problem?

It seems that the run-time version is missing a .dll or some component, b/c it works on systems with the retail version of Access. Also, it worked prior to running the Word Mail Merge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back