Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Execution of Script during installation ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChewDoggie

Programmer
Mar 14, 2005
US
Hello All !

Not sure if I'm in the right forum....I'm building a VB6 installation package to be installed on a client's machine. Some of the table's in their database need to be modified for the new app to function properly. Is it possible to execute some .sql or .bat files while my VB6 App is installing so that these DB changes are integrated when the app installs ?

Or will the client will have to execute them separately ?

I'm using the built-in Package and Deployment Wizard.

Thanks !

Chew

10% of your life is what happens to you. 90% of your life is how you deal with it.

If you're using the PDW your best bet might be to create a customized Setup1.exe for your package. This program is written in VB6 and the source to the base version is in your PDW folder under the VB98\Wizards folder.

If you were using VSI 1.1 to build an MSI package you could use a custom action to run a script, EXE, or invoke a DLL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back