Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Executing Stored Procedure

Status
Not open for further replies.

jontvr

IS-IT--Management
Aug 30, 2002
US
I've read that it's possible to use a stored procedure within a report, but could someone explain how to execute one? I wish to show a button on the finished report that the user can click and have a database update actioned. The stored procedure needs to receive a value from one of the fields on the report.

Not knowing what else to do, I tried a file hyperlink but can't get past Crystal telling me that the file doesn't exist when I include a parameter:

"c:\temp\execute.cmd " & {field}

execute.cmd contains a sqlplus command line to connect and execute the stored procedure with the {field} parameter.

Dropping the & {field} launches the file but is no good to me.

Any ideas, or am I way off base?

You can use a stored procedure within a report as a data source. I don't know any way of executing a stored proc based on a value within the report after the report has been executed..(not even in 9.. correct me if I am wrong)

Lisa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back