Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Executing logon scripts when connecting via VPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRSOLO

Technical User
Jan 28, 2003
IE
I have set up a Win 2K RAS Server as a VPN server that authenticates Active Directory users via a Radius server, that connect via a wireless link It works fine from the viewpoint of successfully authenticating users and giving them network access. However when I try to run a logon script (vbs) to map drives and printers, the script runs under the username of the locally logged on user, not the authenticated active directory user. This basically means that the script fails to map the drives as the locally logged on user does not have the permissions to access the network drives in questions. Is there a way that I can force the script to run under the active directory account or is there a way that I can edit the script to prompt the user to enter his/her username and password.
Appreciate any ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back