Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Executing Crystal reports with informix data base through Delphi

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerryeduc

Programmer
Feb 20, 2002
FR
Products Used : Delphi 5 ( Professional Edition)
Seagate Crystal Reports 7 ( Professional Edition)
Informix 7.2

We have our database created under Informix and, under Delphi we use the "TCRYSTAL REPORT" component.
We have created our reports using Seagate Crystal Report Designer, an there we use the
"ODBC - INTERSOLV 3.01 32-bit INFORMIX" to access our database.
So in our Delphi based application we are able to use these reports for print-outs only when the following 2 conditions are met with

1. Under the 32_bit Crystal Report Designer
File(main menu)
Report Options (Sub menu)
Save Data With the Report (should be selected)
Save the summary with the report (should be selected)

2. Under Delphi 5
TCrystalReport Component (is used)
The property "DISCARD SAVED DATA" should be set to "FALSE"

If I undo the above two conditions or any one of the two conditions, the reports are never printed.

Note: This happens only for the database under Informix. On the contrary for a local database created using PARADOX , it works fine without the above two conditions.

So in our day-to-day operation, wherein we modify, insert, delete data to meet our needs, We are obliged to re-open the concerned reports using Seagate Crystal Report Designer. Then go to the "REPORT" menu (main menu), select REFRESH DATA (F5), and once the data have been refreshed, save the report with the refreshed data, close the report and then alone we are able to reprint the report with the newly modified data using our Delphi application.

This I find highly impractical, to open the report every time I make a change and in addtion to that I can't install SeagateCrystal Reports for all my users ( limited licence).

So I kindly request you to give me a solution to override this big barrier at the earliest.

In addition I would like to ask you to furnish me the *.DLL files that are to be included along with my executable file, that I create using Installshield Express. Please note that I am using Informix.

Thanks in advance.
Gerryeduc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back