Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Executing an ASP script using VBScript

Status
Not open for further replies.

BomberMan2K

Programmer
Sep 19, 2007
IL
Hi,
I need to execute an ASP script using windows scheduler at my hosting company. They told me they need an .VBS file to do so.
I've tried to figure out how to execute an ASP script (which is a web file) using VBS.
My idea was to use XMLHTTP (because I can't really open an explorer on their machine).

Can anyone help here? if XMLHTTP method is good, can anyone please post a code that does this? I don't really know windows scripting.

Thanks a lot,
Roman

btw, the ASP script doesn't recieve any parameters nor returns anything.
It just has to been run once a day at a predetermined time.

because it's an ASP script that is pretty complicated and is not trivial to convert it into VBS.
It's much easier to just execute it using vbs.

Or is there a fast way to convert ASP to VBS?

from what i know, with the exception of server side and some other stuff, asp and vbs are basically the same you code vbscript in asp. you can run it as vbs and see what it does. you have have to take some server side commands out of it.

Hmmm... All it does is adodb.recordset manipulation and mail sending.
The problem is adodb.recordset is a server side object, and is not the same in VBS as far as I know.
I guess mail sending is the same (using CDOSYS) - Or i'm wrong?

Anyone has ideas about how to solve this issue?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back