Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Executing a scheduled task after starting computer ... with auto login - is this correct behaviour? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bazil2

Technical User
Feb 15, 2010
DE
(Elementary user)

Windows 8.1

My goal is to start FireFox once the computer has started.

I have created a scheduled task that undertakes this and when executed manually, works fine.

However, I am using auto-login for a user (netplwiz); this resulted in my scheduled task not executing after booting.

I tried changing the settings for any user etc., to no avail; I had to force manual login credentials at time of reboot to get this to work.

Are you of the opinion that this is correct behaviour, alternatively, can you think of another solution?

Best regards

Create a shortcut to firefox

Say your automated login user is called xxx
Drop it in C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

For automated login, does the following work on 8.1?
Code:
control userpasswords2

XWB, "control userpasswords2" or "netplwiz" both work on Windows 8.1, or Windows 8, and both open the same User Accounts window.

Thank you so much, this worked beautifully!

Best regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back