Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Executech 616 startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbt1914

Technical User
Oct 16, 2012
US
I'm installing a Executech 616 and can not get dial tone. I've wired up set 10 and 11 to start. They are both 6614E phones and both pass their self test. I assume with out doing any programming that I should have dial tone on the intercom key and be able to dial from station 10 to station 11. I have read the install manual but still not sure why I don't have intercoms dial tone. I have battery on the handset and speaker and do get dtmf tones if I hit the buttons on the keypad. I try to log into programming and I hear the tones but it doesn't seem like I'm in programming. But I really don't know this system but do know telephoney. Can somebody tell me if the staytem is bad or if I'm totally missing something. Thanjsceverybody!

I can only imagine that you're going down this path because the system was free. That said, indeed, you should be able to call phone to phone. You're pressing the ITCM button before dialing, right? Beyond that, there could be many things amiss with this 25+/- year old system. Truly, best of luck!

Mike Forrence

Can you dial on intercom even though you don't have dial tone? There was a setting in that system where intercom selection did not provide DT.

Another question that needs to be asked is Have you defaulted this system back to it's factory settings? You should definitely do that and reprogram it from the ground up. Then manually save the configuration. Those little boxes were notorious for getting memory corruption in the early run of distribution and if you don't have a good save they never quite work right after a reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back