Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Execute Process Task stopped by WinZip Dialog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aluminum

Programmer
Jun 8, 2007
US
My SSIS package has a Execute Process Task to unzip a file using WinZip

This process has the following Executable:
E:\Program Files (x86)\WinZip\WINZIP32.EXE
Arguments:

e -o -j E:\bi_loader_drop\myfile.zip E:\mydirectory
This process has worked for years, now it hangs up. When I run the package in debug mode, the WinZip dialog box pops up when the Execute Process Task runs. When the package runs as a job, I think the dialog box causes the package to stop running. I have tried WindowStyle "Hidden" and that does not work.

Does anyone know a way to get this pop up window to stop when the Execute Process Task runs? Modifying the package to use 7zip is not a very good option for me. I don't have the version of Visual Studio right now to make a modification and there are several packages with this problem.

I tried running a PowerShell script to close any Winzip dialog box while the Agent job was running and that did not work either. Does anyone know of a registry setting or some way to get this window to not stop my SSIS package from running?

I am trying to accomplish this through a modification to Winzip or the server, not a modification to the SSIS package.

possible change on versions - but regardless you should not be using it directly.
for many years there has been a command line version of it and you should use that one (
but you would be better off changing to 7zip - free (unlike winzip), faster and with better compression ratios

You can change the SSIS package manually with a text editor (unless you are running winzip from a C#/Vb script inside your package.

Regards

Frederico Fonseca
SysSoft Integrated Ltd

FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back