Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

execute package task question

Status
Not open for further replies.

tirf

Programmer
Sep 22, 2008
US
I don't know if this is the right place to post SSIS packages, but I know there are so brilliant guys in this forum to comment on this

I have a parent SSIS package and its children; I want to make the connection string of the children package dynamic. so that the parent package passes the connection string to the children

I have execute package task in a foreach loop in the parent package which load and executes the childern, and so how can I define a connetion parameter in the parent package and then the parent package passes it to the children

The parent package is executed through C# code

There is a forum for SSIS (#1555, Microsoft SQL Server: Integration Services) which would be a more appropriate place to post this question. You will get your question 'in front' of more readers who are interested/knowledgeable on SSIS.

-SQLBill

The following is part of my signature block and is only intended to be informational.
Posting advice: FAQ481-4875

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back