Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Execute HTML

Status
Not open for further replies.

bgatto64

Programmer
Oct 30, 2009
US
Hello Out There,

I've got a website that calls a CGI when, a button is clicked, from another website. the second website is not mine and I have no way of downloading the script. The problem I have is I need the user to go to a different website after the CGI process is complete. I added the line:

<input type="hidden" name="return" value="
But all this will do is create a variable.

How will I get this to run after the first CGI process that I have no access to?

thanks

Hello,

No need to start a new thread, just reply to your previous thread :). I assume you are still referring to PayPal.

The value of the hidden variable is sent to the PayPal CGI. Once payment is processed the PayPal CGI will send the user back to the value of this hidden variable (your payment complete URL), or atleast provide a link for the user to click.

This may be more helpful, quoting from as an alternative method.
- Login to Paypal
- Click on the Profile tab
- Under “Selling Preferences”, click on Website Payment Preferences
- Next to “Auto Return”, select On
- For “Return URL”, enter the web address of the page you want to send the user to after their payment is successful
- If you want to receive notification when a paypal payment goes through, set Payment Data Transfer to On.
- Click Save (at the bottom of the page)

This is obviously an important part of an ecommerce system, therefore should be well documented within PayPal's documentation.

Chris.

I am not sure about the PayPal part but if you want to return & go to another web site, place the following META type command in your return page. Your return HTML code can include a

<META HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH" CONTENT="0; URL=where-ever-you-want-to-go.com/
this meta command placed in your <head> </head> section of the returned page from your cgi program will be processed by the browser and cause a refresh to any page on the web after “0" seconds.

Hope this helps.

Computer thought: I teach a lot of programming so I can learn. You can never learn it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back