Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Execute a php file via another php file

Status
Not open for further replies.

unicorn11

Programmer
Jun 10, 2000
IN
Hi,

I have 2 php files, i want one php file(a.php) to execute / run the other php file (b.php) but not wait for that file (b.php) to complete its execution for it to complete its (a.php) own execution as well. is this possible , if yes then how?

thanks in advance.

Regards
unicorn11

[red]Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. - Einstein, Albert[/red]

i think i would have pointed you towards the process control functions in php. and in particular towards this one

Interesting comments from MagicalTux
from the manual
<<<
Forking in an apache module is rather complex, and one of the most important things you should remember is to let your child kill himself with SIGKILL. If you just call exit(), you might end having duplicate headers.
Forking from an Apache module is NOT RECOMMANDED unless you know what you do and fully understand how apache works.
>>>

I agree. i would use the apache php script to call a cgi script and the create the forks within the cgi script. and, of course, be very careful about what returns are sent from the child processes into the apache process.

of course much less of an issue if you are using cgi or fastcgi with apache rather than the sapi module.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back