Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

execute a crystal report program from a MS/ACCESS menu application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 15, 1999
US
I am trying a proof of concept by using Access as the front end application, initiating calls to run a Crystal Report. I am new to Crystal Reports (unfortunately V5) and new to Access (with no Visual Basic expertise). Based on what I have read, I am trying the ActiveX implementation to create the connection. Within Crystal, I have created a report, called REQ1.RPT... In Access I have created a form which has a button on it. I have registered the Crystal OCX activex control module within Access and have copied the control onto the form, specifying the directory/report program name for REQ1.RPT. What I cannot seem to find is out to initiate the OCX module from the OnClick event of the button. I am afraid that I will have to write some VB code in an event procedure for the On Click event. Anyone have any helpful information for me to create the link?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back