Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

executable running error

Status
Not open for further replies.

smallpotato

IS-IT--Management
Jun 6, 2002
HK
Hi guys, I'm developing an VB.NET application to access data at SQL server. It run perfectly at my local PC but error occurs when I place it to the file server.

(1) Error occur when calling Enviornment.MachineName but ok for Envornment.UserName
(2) permission problem on the "System.Data.SqlClient.SqlClientPermission"

Do you guys have any ideas on what's going on? How do I revise the security control to overcome this problem?

Thanks in advance!

SmallPotato

open up the control panel on any machine that will be running it. Click "Administrative Tools", click ".Net Wizards", select "Trust Application", follow the wizard, select the application and raise the trust level to full.

This is from memory, so the names of things may be slightly off.

-Rick

----------------------

Thanks, Rick.

I had tried to set the trust level of the applications (which is located at the file server) to full and then retry. The problem for requesting permission from the "System.Data.SqlClient.SqlClientPermission" still exist.

I just wonder whether I need to add the codes for requesting minimum permission at the program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back