Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

exec package from job fails

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptheriault

IS-IT--Management
Aug 28, 2006
US
I have a very simple SSIS package. It select all the data from a table into a csv file and places it in a local shared folder. When I execute the package manually is runs. However, when I add it as a scheduled job step it fails. This is what I get from the job history.

Code:
Duration		00:00:01
Sql Severity		0
Sql Message ID		0
Operator Emailed		
Operator Net sent		
Operator Paged		
Retries Attempted		0

Executed as user: 1STCOMP\MavDevSQL. The package execution failed.  The step failed.

I am running sp1.

- Paul
- If at first you don't succeed, find out if the loser gets anything.

I changed the encryptuser key and it works now.

- Paul
- If at first you don't succeed, find out if the loser gets anything.

Maybe a newbie question, but where do I change the encryptuser key? I'm having trouble changing anything in a SSIS package.

When the package is open in Business Intelligence Development studio (Visual Studio), click on the background of the control flow tab, and the package properties are displayed in the properties window (if you can't see the properties window, use view, properties window - or press F4). The ProtectionLevel Property is the one of interest.

Hope this helps...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back