Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EXE started using Task Scheduler doesn't show the UI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rajesh Karunakaran

Programmer
Sep 29, 2016
MU
Dear Friends,

I have a utility program which starts with a PRG which calls a FORM. A timer runs a process every 1 hour. I am using a config.fpw file which has 'screen = off' (yes, only this command is there in fpw file).

Now, if I start the exe directly from the folder, it shows the UI and I can see the run status, idle status etc.

I put this in Windows Task Scheduler with conditions to run it every 1 hour but not to start another instance if already running. Then if I 'Run' it from Task Scheduler, UI is not shown! But, I can see the exe in my Task Manager!

Any idea?

Thanks
Rajesh

How is the task configured?

If you run with a specific credential of an admin user, for example, you don't see it as it runs in a separate user session.

Chriss

Chriss,

Yes, it's running under Admin.
This is the General tab of the task configuration.

tektips_q6iejk.png

it's MYSERVER/Administrator
So, to get the UI while it's running, how do you configure that?

Rajesh

You have to fully qualify the user account, for example as (local)\Administrator.
And are you logged in as this account? The option "Run only when user is logged on" is ver literally meaning you login as the administrator, not as a user of the administrator group. Are you sure you really want this?

Chriss

Chriss,

It's a client's server. For this program, Administrator logged is not required in fact.
Let me try creating a new user in Administrator group and run this program through that one.
By the way, I would choose 'Run whether user is logged on or not' option.

Rajesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back