Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

exe runs from floppy but not if copied to desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

bizzyb

Technical User
Jan 13, 2003
US
I have modified a vb6 program that uses RDO and Microsoft ODBC for Oracle, to access and query a database in a continuing loop, in a w2k environment. The program works fine on the development machine but errors out when loaded and run from any other machine. If I copy just the .exe file to a floppy and run it from the floppy on another machine, it works fine. If I copy the .exe to the desktop of another machine, it seems to be making the queries, but then immediately errors out. I am a newbie to vb so any suggestions would be appreciated.

how you tried creating a deployment package with PAckage & development wizard. This will bundle together all the bits you need to run your app, and then install any that are missing on your machine.

BB

Thanks for the suggestion. Yes I have created a deployment package but still no luck. I have verified the dll and ocx versions being used in deployment are the same versions as on the development machine. Any ideas on what else I could be missing or where to start looking? Thanks.

What error message are you getting?

"Life is full of learning, and then there is wisdom"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back