Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

.EXE is not a valid Win32 Application 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDIV

Technical User
Nov 28, 2015
DZ
Dear all, could you support me please

I'm facing an horrible issue

When I try launch any application I got this message . exe is not a valid Win32 Application.

Thank you in advance

I get this whenever an EXE depends upon a DLL that is not registered with Windows. Have all the EXE's dependencies been registered?

James P. Cottingham
I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229!

Could be bad memory. I would test the memory.

"Living tomorrow is everyone's sorrow.
Modern man's daydreams have turned into nightmares.

It's not a file that causes the error to be thrown - it's any application that the OP tries to open.

"Living tomorrow is everyone's sorrow.
Modern man's daydreams have turned into nightmares.

Are you able to go back to a prior point in time via System Restore?

Have you tried scanning system files with sfc /scannow?
Here's a reference if you need it:
If you run a bootable CD instead of Windows, do you have problems? If not, that might help eliminate memory issues.

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

It sounds like, for whatever reason (possibly malware), the association for 32-bit executables may be damaged/corrupt.

Try using FixExec from bleepingcomputer.com to reset the association back to Windows' default(s).

Hope this helps...

Although I'd normally just consider it time to reinstall the system if it's feasible, that sounds like a good tool to keep handy. Thanks for the mention and link, Rick998.

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

Hey everybody,
I reinstalled the entire OS . Everything is working now.
So I lost all programmes which stored in other partitions (all exe files) they are all 0 kB.
Thank you for your great support.

Regards

0kb? Don't forget the anti-malware and system backup software this time. [bigsmile]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back