Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exclusion Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.

dweimer

Programmer
Jan 25, 2005
US
I have a system that is behind a slow link (T1) and am trying to filter out pst files for the daily incrementals. However, I would still like the monthly full and weekly differentials to include the pst files.

I have added a filter of '*.pst' to the subclient and it works well for the daily incremental runs. Is there any way to use the same backup set for the full and differential runs as well, but have it disregard the exclusion filter?

Here is the design I am looking for:

Monthly Full - all file system data
Daily Incremental - all file system data, except *.pst
Weekly Differential - all file system data

Thanks,

Doug

I ran into this same problem for my citrix landscape
But I also could not find a way to exclude the pst's for just the daily jobs. Not without having to change the filters before the weekly/Monthly fulls ran

My solution was to run a backup across the wire FROM the media agent using UNC paths....I just created a subclient on the media server and put the \\servername\share\ as the content.
I set it to run only the weekly full and Monthly fulls.

Then for the actual client I excluded *.pst and left it alone
as far as default schedules (Daily,Weekly,Monthly and yearly)

Also not sure if it will work as haven't tried it but,maybe an incremental storage policy

Birky
CommVault Certified Engineer

When I tried to do a second subclient it told me that the conetent I was selecting was already covered by the default subclient.

Unless your pst's are all in the same path \users\janedoe\pst
Then you might be able to do some wildcard content like
\users\**\pst\*.pst

Otherwise I got conflicting filters when I tried.
Please let us know if you find some combination that works
(Also post version info)

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back