Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excluding one file type - what have I done wrong? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pariten

IS-IT--Management
Dec 8, 2003
GB
Hey folks.

Hope someone can help me - feel a bit thick at the moment!
BUEX 9.1
I've got a backup job that backs up:
\\server01\D:\home\*.* /SUBDIR
However I don't want to backup .nsf files under the subdirectories, so I've used:
\\Server01\D:\home\*.nsf /Subdir /Exclude
This however now doesn't backup anything from the home folder or sub-directories :-(
Can anyone help me out please?
Cheers

are you switching to text view then manually entering these or are you clicking the Advanced button?

Hi steveot, thanks for your quick response.

I'm using text view, insert, and then dropping down through the network structure on the left hand window, selecting the top level directory, and then on the right-hand windows, editing the file field from *.* to *.nsf, selecting "exlcude", and ensuring that the "include sub-directories" is ticked within the selection criteria box.

It seems logical enough, but I've obviously got something wrong.
Any ideas please?

Cheers

Do use the text view mode. Click the radio bar for include\exclude then make the exludes thru the next screen. Its a bug

Sorry let me re-state my last statement. DONT use text view. When you make you selection click the "Advanced Button" in upper left of Backup Job Properties screen when you in the selection list. Once you hit the Advance button click the exlude radio button then in the field for file put in *.nsf. NSF file should not be backed up by default if they are in use. Backup Exec automatically exludes these file unless you have change the registry setting to include these types of files

Thanks
I've re-configured (although I'm worried 'cos the summary loks the same....) the job will run overnight so will have my fingers crossed.

Thanks for your help!

Many thanks Steveot.... that's worked just fine.

Cheers again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back