Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

exclude packet upgrade form live upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahalingam1

IS-IT--Management
Dec 7, 2007
Hi all

I'm using live upgrade to upgrade a solaris 10 OS to the last release of solaris10 OS but i have the following problem:

The upgrade of the active BE are made correctly but i'm interesting of exclude the upgrade of the apache packet currently instaled on the active BE. I know i can exclude or include files or/and directories when i create a new BE but i dont know if i can no upgrade some packets from the active to the new BE.

Please any one can help me??

Thanks in advance and regards

I think you mean "package" rather than "packet".

What is a "BE"?

Why are you using live upgrade when you are already running Solaris 10? I think you should probably just install the latest set of patches (and of course that way you can easily leave out any particular patches for packages that you do not wish to update).

Annihilannic.

Hi Annihilannic!!!, yes i mean package. BE is boot environment

I'm using live upgrade in order to probe it then to upgrade solaris9 to solaris10. I'm using live upgrade too to pass fronm UFS root file system to ZFS root file system.

I don´t want upgrade the apache package from the old boot enviroment to the new.

Thank you and regards

I don't think ZFS is supported for the root/boot filesystem anyway?

Annihilannic.

yes, ZFS is supported for the root/boot filesystem, today i have a ZFS boot/root filesystem from a old boot environment that have a UFS root/boot filesystem. I´m used live upgrade to upgrade the old BE to the new one.

regards

thank you very much for your help Annihilannic.

i will look at the link that you give me.

i'll say you the solution of the issue

thanks and best regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back