Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exclude One of Two Report Groups From Appearing in Group Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

dede2897234

Programmer
Oct 11, 2001
US
Hello,

I am currently using Crystal Reports 8.5. I have a report that has the following two groups:

G1) hospital client number
G2) date

I would like the hospital client numbers to appear in the group tree as well as their footer sections to display the appropriate summary values. On the other hand, I would like the dates to NOT APPEAR in the group tree and their footer sections to display the appropriate summary values. If this is possible to do in Crystal, please post the code below. Thanks.

Perhaps you can omit the date group, add a sort by the date, then build running total fields to handle the sums/counts you want by date using reset at change of field {MyTable.MyDate}, and placing the running totals in the details section, and use a suppression on them as in:

next({MyTable.MyDate}) = {MyTable.MyDate}

Now these sums/counts will only show when they are changing.

Inelegant, but effective.

-k

kai@informeddatadecisions.com

synapsevampire,

You're a genius! Your idea worked perfectly. Thank you very much for all your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back