Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchnage 2000 monitoring tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

WINSQLIIS

Technical User
Nov 21, 2001
US
I am running WIN2000 Pro, and I am new to the Exchnage world. I am looking for a tool or any tools that would allow me to monitor and manitain Exchnage 2000 from my desktop. I would appraciate any help or tips.

Zaid,

The cheapest way is to install the Exchange System Manager console onto your desktop. (saves you having to go to the server room). Also you can, from the console, set up monitoring with e-mail notification so that a specified exchange server can monitor you other exchange servers and connectors and e-mail you of problems.

I've seen a few people recommending the NetIQ products, though a bit pricey, I've order a demo of this to see how good they are.

How about Terminal services? I personally use Terminal services as you are able to control the system as if there.

set up TSAC and you are rolling. I love TSAC it is a complete life saver.

Nathan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back