Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ExchangeLegacyDN

Status
Not open for further replies.

jessehc

IS-IT--Management
Jun 22, 2005
US
I have a user account that I think was renamed back in a 5.5 environment, which has been moved to Exchange 2003. Anytime anyone inputs the user's email address in an email, the original account alias is shown. When I export the user account using ldifde, I see the legacyExchangeDN includes this old alias.

How can I change this field so the old alias is not lised? I have read that I can't just simply change this field without having problems. I also noticed that the EX5 field also includes this alias as CN. Any ideas?

Thanks

Exchange Server 2003 on a Windows Server 2003-based computer
1. After you have installed ADSI Edit, click Start, point to All Programs, point to Windows Support Tools, and then click Command Prompt.
2. At the command prompt, type adsiedit.msc, and then press ENTER.
3. In the ADSI Edit snap-in, expand Domain NC, expand DC=DomainName,DC=com, expand CN=Users, right-click the account of the user whose mailbox cannot be moved, and then click Properties.
4. In the CN=UserName Properties dialog box, click the list next to Select a property to view, and then click legacyExchangeDN.
5. In the Edit box, make sure that the legacyExchangeDN attribute matches the distinguished name of the Exchange Server 5.5 mailbox.
6. Click the list next to Select a property to view, and then click msExchADCGlobalNames. Click Clear, select the text in the Edit box, press the DELETE key, and then click OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back