Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange won't start on bootup

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikepam

Technical User
May 10, 2004
GB
Very confused. If server is rebooted exchange fails to start as the services fail, but if they are then started manually then they start!!

The exchange server is the only DC and there is a message in the event log that it is unable to contact any DC's in the domain?

the services are probably starting before the netlogon services or something to that effect, i do recommend putting in a second DC as if you ever loose the DC you loose the domain and AD, also dont forget that if you loose that DC then you wont be able to move any of the FSMO roles etc

If you have any of the services starting up as a user with password, make sure the password han't changed. I came across a problem where i changed the admin password and some services were botting up with those credentials, however when i changed the password it did not update the services password area and i had to change them manually.

Thanks SilviaS I will check out the netlogon aspect as that would make sense although I not sure that is definitely it.

Mikesid, I don't think that it is the password as the services start manually after the boot up of the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back