Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange Storage Group Restore - Help Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

iainwilson

Technical User
Jul 5, 2004
GB
Hi guys,

I'm using Brightstor version 9 on Windows 2000 sp4. We're running Exchange 2000 sp 3 and are attempting to restore a storage group.

We've had to rebuild the server and it has the same name as before, it's part of the same organisation group etc within Exchange, the account the agent is using is the Exchange service account.

The information store is running and the database is dismounted, yet when I go to do a restore I get the message E8603 Failed to write to database <path> (1264) - Exchange Server Error.

Has anyone encountered this before and, if so, what did you do to resolve it?

Many thanks,

Iain

On the Exchange server where you installed the agent there is an agent log called dbaexch.log. What messages are logged here regarding the restore ??

regards

Hi,

Do you have the option "THis database can be overwritten by a restore" checked?

YOu can do this by right -clicking the storage group, go to databases.. its a little check box at the bottom..

Have you installed exchange in the same path as before ?

on the Exchange server, open the registry , go to HKLM\SW\CA\BAB\DSAgent\dbaexch
On the right pane set the value of "debug" to 5
recycle the backup agent rpc.

run a restore, when it fails you can take a look at the *.trc that gets created on the exchange server.

So it Shall be Written!
So it Shall be Done!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back