Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange Slow Throughput

Status
Not open for further replies.

horseham

MIS
May 18, 2004
US
Hello all,

I am backing up a Exchange 2000 SP3 Server, locally with Arcserve v9 and the Exchange agent. Prior to rebuilding the server my throughput was 400+MB/Min, now it is barely 150Mb/Min. All patches are same, and hardware is same. Basically, server crashed and I rebuilt it. Now backups are way to slow. I have installed the QO38491 and QO44844 patches from CA.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
horseham

- Go to the services panel.
- Double click on the Agent RPC service.
- Go to the "recovery" tab.
- Select "restart" on all three options.
This is just to resolve problems with the exchange agent if it fails.

Also, try to put in debug the exchange agent by the registry of the exchange server.
I had the same problem but without having to reinstall the server and had finally to reinstall Arcserve to skip the poor throughput. My arc database was corrupted (cat in temp directory).
Check out the antivirus program, it performance slowness ...

Best luck!

Thank you for the post.

I ended up uninstalling Arcsere and all agents, and reinstalling. Then I applied the two patches listed above, and my throughput went back to normal. I suppose that my db was corrupted also?@#$%. Who knows. I just know that it is working now.

Thanks again.
horseham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back