Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange Services Fail To Start!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

swoodsmcse

IS-IT--Management
Dec 18, 2001
US
I just recently installed exchange 2000, Everything was working fime until a few days ago when i rebooted the system,now none of the exchange services will start...IMAP4, Information Store, MTA Stacks, POP3.
PLEASE HELP!!!

What happens when you try to start them? Do you get any error messages? Anything in your event viewer? Marc Creviere

In event veiwer it says that the dependency service or group failed to start.

I have had this problem on a couple of occasions.The only problem that I could identify was within services.If you look at the way the services are being started ie, are they being logged on with the local system account, or are they being logged on with the administrators account.The problem we were experiencing was due to the fact that we had changed the administrators account password, and had not mirrored this in any of the services that use the admin account to start up.

Does System Attendant Start? Please look in the Application Log not the System Log for the Errors. Dan
Microsoft Exchange Support @ Microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back