Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
How do you install the Exchange Service for Office2000? I think is under Microsoft Office 2000 update features in add and remove programs

Any help

Zelamdakh, I previously checked the outlook container and there was no mention of any exchange service. I also installed that complete container and then attempted to add the exchange service in Outlook/mail and fax control panel still on sign of it.

If anyone else can help it would be appreciated

In outlook go to Tools then Services and add.. then select Microsoft Exchange Server. It will then ask for your Server and mail box name

Chifu, that’s the problem there is no Services under Tools. The only thing under tools is Accounts, Customise, Option and a couple of other options nothing to do with adding the Exchange service. There must be some way to add exchange server support for Outlook 2000 I've looked under add/remove programs, Microsoft Office 2000 Pro outlook container but nothing I’ve even added ever option under the Outlook container.

Any other ideas

Try going to the Windows Control panel. There should be an icon called MAIL. See if you can add the Exchange Service there.

Chifu, if I've not mentioned it thanks for the input. As mentioned previously the exchange service option isn't available under the mail (mail/fax) icon within the control panel.

Try re-installing the program.....then select that you are connecting to an Exchange Server not just Internet mail.

Should keep all your existing mail, but you might want to make a backup .pst just in case. I know you have to run the setup to select the Exchange option.

Drew

Sorry misunderstood your problem. Came about because as far as I know Exchange Server Support is part of the base Outlook set up and does not need to be installed separately, but your problem may be to do with what mode Outlook 2000 has been installed as.

The missing services item in the tools menu, suggests that Outlook has been installed with Internet only usage. Doing this also affects what you see in the control panel/mail side. Rather then allowing you to add in MAPI services it will only have Internet Accounts.

If this is so, go to Outlook/tools/options/mail services
and click the "reconfigure mail support" box. You should be given a choice between "Internet Only" or "Corporate or Workgroup" choose "Corporate or Workgroup".

Hope this helps.

no, this is a different issue totally - not user error. The newer Office 2000 doesn't use traditional mail and fax control panel. it is more like outlook express in that it uses accounts rather than profiles.

You need to go through accounts and from there to profiles but I can't recall how :)

you need to go to Outlook/tools/options/mail delivery/ reconfigure mail support/ then choose "Corporate or Workgroup". remember to back up your pst files first..hope this help..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back