Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange Server Scripting

Status
Not open for further replies.

ukjane

IS-IT--Management
Jun 7, 2001
GB
I have a customer service mailbox which I need to set up an auto-reply for. I have obtained a script which check's out OK.

I have then allowed the mailbox owner permission on the events root and added the script to the mailbox.

I didn't get any errors, but the script doesn't seem to be running. Can anyone help??

What does the script do? What language is it in? I am not sure whether it is required or not, but you may need to load the Windows Scripting Host on that server. Does the script automatically change the autoreply message.

My understanding about auto reply messages is that you should want to set these up on PubFolders, not mailboxes. The rationale being, the only adequate auto reply on a mailbox is the "out of office" piece. Whereas the auto reply on a public folder seems to work really well.

Anyway, good luck on your scripts...

The script is supposed to check incoming messages and send a certain reply to the sender, except in the case of Out of Office Reply and undeliverable mail messages.

I downloaded the VB script from the CDO Live website, so I don't think that the script is bad. I have checked the logs against the agent I have set up and it appears to complete, but the email is not sent. I think it's more of an Exchange issue than a VB issue.

I have given the mailbox in question, owner permission on the Event Service public folder, and associated the exchange service account with the mailbox.

I thought I had done everything I needed to, but obviously not.

Thanks for your help.

Jane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back