Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange server on domain controller 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lipo

Programmer
Nov 25, 2002
US
Is it possible to install ES2003 on a secondary domain controller ( excuse the old terminology) instead of the main DC? I have had problems with ES on the main server in the past and wish to lighten its load.

should be no problem at all...

but Exchange 2003 is still in beta, maybe better to wait till RTM versions become available...

// Bart

I installed ES2003 beta on a secondary domain controller with no problem. Howeverthe primary domain controller does not have the exchange tab visible in AD users.

I installed ES2003 beta on a secondary domain controller with no problem. Howeverthe primary domain controller does not have the exchange tab visible in AD users and computers. Also I cannot see any users in mailboxes (mailbox stores) in Exchange. I setup the mailboxes in AD users.

install the system manager on your primary dc also, then you can manage your exchange server also from that box

(install, select custom, highlight system manager and select option install)

that should do the trick

// Bart

There shouldn't be problem. I have the same setup at my place and it works fine. Both exchange 2003 and server can be together.

This might seem excessive for 1 server however i got the following running perfectly on a server running windows 2003 enterprise server, 2ghz pentium, 2gb ram, 1.2 TB of storage space

Exchange 2003 RC1
Citrix Presentation server FR3
Terminal Services
Internet information services
Office 2003 Beta 2 refresh
SQL 2000 Sp3a

Works pritty well and never crashed yet ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back