Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

exchange server not receiving any email at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

swdk

Technical User
Jul 19, 2003
GB
exchange server is not receiving any email at all
can sombody please help

i can send email on exchange server 2000 with no problems
anyone sending email to my exchange@domain.com, some time later receive a delivery status notification (delay)
i am using windows adv server 2000 sp3,active directory,dns,exchange server 2000, outlook 2000 for the mail client
i have the mx record that points to my server

i have an always on b/band connection
all pcs on my network are using static ip set up & controlled by the router.
i am using a router- only ports 80.53,110,25 are open as a security measure.
i am using a ddns service for my websites they have my mx records and host name etc i am using there ddns client software which works fine as im able to connect and browse the websites as well.

when i telnet my server i get a positive reply 220 server.domain.com Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service, Version: 5.0.2195.
5329 ready at Sat, 19 Jul 2003 14:58:08 +0100
i can ping the server by its F.Q.D.N or its current dynamic ip
if i use nslookup on the server that seems to give me the right info as the default server etc
i can send/receive email using a regular setup using the isp etc
are there any other tests to do to help find the problem
someone out there please help

What you are describing is a commen problem when using email servers that your ISP blocks you from using Port 25 (SMTP). Have you tried this KB from Microsoft.

I used this recently to find out that my ISP had me blocked also. There are ALOT of Mail store and forward services that you can use to get around the ISP though.

Jason Gean
MCSE, CNA, CCNA, CCA, ASE

hi jason thanks for your reply.im going to look into your sugestion. i have heard from other people about isp port blocking.
sean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back