Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange Server mails problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

papps77

IS-IT--Management
Jun 19, 2002
IN
hi,

I have a serious problem with exchange mails

my MD needs mails which iscoming from exchange server as well as from companies pop3 to be seen and be downloaded in his notebook as well his secretaries pc
here the bottomline is:
1)any externalmails that is downloaded which go to my MD's must also got to secretaries id
2)any internal mails coming through exchnage server shld also go to him as well secretaries id
the above shld work work with same login name for network

help!!!

Papps

Set up automatic forwarding of the external mail account to the internal mail account, then have the internal mail account forward a copy to the secretary. Have the MD only grab his mail from the internal source.

The automatic forwarding may have to be done with the help of the external account's administrator, but you should be able to do the copying to secretary within ADU&C (Exchange General tab - Delivery Options).

hi jsd2003,

thanks my problem of diverting mails got solved but one more thing
1) i created a new id and as discussed by u i made a copy to that id so the mails started going there in the new id as well my MDs id
2)but when i try to reply to those mails(external id) thru new id it shows an internal email id(exchange id) wherein whenever they replyback they get a error saying no id found
3)wot i need right now is when this new id replies to the mails which is there in the inbox it should so a my MDs email id and not the new internal email id
4)i am using Microsoft outlook 2000

how can u change the send and reply address using msoutlook 2000 or exchnage???

Waiting for ure reply

So if I'm reading #2 correctly, your internal email accounts can send mail to anyone, but cannot receive from external accounts?

If this is true, the forwarding should not work from an external id to the internal id. It should only work from one internal id to another.

If this is not true, then external accounts should have no problem replying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back