Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange server bouncing yahoo mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

newmanyoung

IS-IT--Management
Oct 2, 2002
US
Hi all,

Have a problem with my exchange server bouncing inbound email from yahoo. Looks like other email addresses are fine coming in, but everytime someone with a yahoo account send my users anything it bounces back saying "failure notice - could not find a mail exchanger or IP address". I know my exchange is setup correctly since I can received and send mail. I can send to yahoo accounts but if they try to reply back they get an failure notice. Is there a filter that might be on, blocking inbound yahoo mail? Thanks all.

Newman

That message sounds like they can't query you MX ("mail exchanger") record for your domain. Either they have bad DNS info, or your MX record is having "issues". Since you says other domains can send to you fine, I'd have to believe that it's Yahoo's DNS that's at fault.

Pat Richard, MCSE(2) MCSA:Messaging, CNA(2)

Email Yahoo and they say they have no issues with their DNS. I haven't seen any errors on my exchange server. Is there a filter in Exchange 2003 that would cause that error message on a senders yahoo account? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back