Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange server and GFI

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk391

Technical User
Jun 13, 2007
GB
Hello, I have exchange 2003 installed a server and a separate server running GFI. I have the two smtp servers talking to each other and all seems fine, until I try to send to a external account ie gmail.com. I have ran a packet sniffer to see what is going on with the Smtp traffic. After leaving my exchange server it goes to the relay server (gfi server) from there it consults my dns to resolved @gmail.com. where it cannot- i have forwarder dns ip address listed on the dns server and all other users on the network do not have a problem surfing the web. ANyone have an idea's. I think after this the packets are then sent to my secondary dns server. I also have a gateway server running isa 2006, but I have opened ports to allow dns and smtp traffic through it.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back