Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange Server 2000 not supported on W2K3 !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougP

MIS
Dec 13, 1999
US
I justr tried to install Exchange Server 2000 on winodws Server 2003 and a message popped up staing Exchange 2000 is not supported byt this version of Windows !!!!

Argh

DougP, MCP

Thanks for pointing this out. This is totally absurd. I shoudln't be surprised though. It's going to keep a lot of people from upgrading.

Sabrina, let me know if you get anything.
Glens post with the link says it will not work.

DougP, MCP

If, indeed, it does not work, what would be the next move?
Setup a Win 2003 Server, install Exchange 2003 and transfer the existing mailboxes? Thank you.

Mickey

I would stick with w2k if possible. This sounds like more M$ marketing, like having to call them if you've installed xp to many times. I fdisk machines all the time to fix problems, and I don't want to have to call M$. I don't plan on using xp or 2003. Good luck.

Glen A. Johnson
Johnson Computer Consulting
"The best fire does not flare up the soonest."
George Eliot (1819-1880); Englist novelist.

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884

Exchenage 2003 is not supported on win2K!

Check out the (Ahhem)"Exchange Compatibility with Windows Server Operating Systems" document at

"With approximately 350 code changes in Windows Server 2003 that affected Exchange, Microsoft determined that it would better benefit our customers to focus development efforts on Exchange 2003 to take full advantage of the new improvements in IIS 6.0, rather then on updating either version of Exchange to run on Windows Server 2003 in IIS 5.0 compatibility mode or Exchange 2000 to work with the new architecture in IIS 6.0. As a result, Exchange 2000 needs to be physically installed on a server running Windows 2000 with Service Pack (SP) 3 to coexist in a Windows Server 2003 environment. Exchange 2003 is fully supported on both Windows 2000 Server and Windows Server 2003 running IIS 6.0."

Sorry , daxlexior kicking in there, I should of written - Exchange Server 2000 on winodws Server 2003.

Steve.

If I choose the route of installing Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003, how do I migrate all the existing mailboxs on Exchange 2000? Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back