Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange routing and domain renaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guch

IS-IT--Management
Feb 14, 2002
GB
Hello,

I wonder if anyone can help. I have 3 companies which are about to merge into 1 company. For legal reasons, their e-mail extension should all be the same. Financially, I cannot get the sign off to merge the three as a project, but need the 3 exchange server to route through one bridgehead AND for their e-mail extensions to be masked to the new address. This is for all e-mail traffic. Exchange environment are a mixture of 2003 (2) and 5.5 (1). NT enviroments are: NT4 (yes NT4), 2000AD and 2003 AD.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks

Not sure If I fully understand the problem, But we have a similar senario.
I think we will be setting up mailboxes for all the users from all the companies on the 'central' (bridgehead) server i.e jo.bloggs@central.com.
Then set the forwarding addresses for those users to point to their old Exchange server external address i.e jo.bloggs@original.com.
On their original mail server set their primary SMTP address to be the new centralised mail server i.e jo.bloggs@central.com. That way any mail going to the central mail server will be forwarded to their old mail server and any mail they send will have a reply address of the new central server.
This will be untill we get one AD forest and exchange Organisation setup.

I'm sure there must be an easier way so I'd be happy for anyone to tell me a better way if this sounds too complicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back