Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange restore

Status
Not open for further replies.

mapleusa

Technical User
Oct 9, 2002
US
I am trying to restore an exchange 5.5 server that no longer exists on our network. This is an install of an exchange server that was taken off line 4 years ago and no documentation exists as to what service packs etc were on the exchange server. Does anyone know how I can find this information if no documentation exists? Is there a way around knowing the service pack?

I have attempted to restore with service pack 3 and service pack 4 but both times the information store will not start. Does anyone know where I can find Exchange 5.5 sp2 and/or sp1? All the sites I googled to, no longer have those service packs available.

Thanks in advance for any help

You may have a problem with site and organization naming. Without matching names you will not be able to start the Directory Store, and hence the other other stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back