Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange relaying problem...maybe...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niavlys

IS-IT--Management
Jun 3, 2002
CA
Hi,
I'm a bit desperate... to be honest, I am really desperate. My problem is maybe simple for some of you but it's been 3 days now and still not been able to find a solution.

I have an application that use our Exchange 2003 server to relay mail.

If I send an e-mail with 99 recipients or less, no problem but if I add 1 name, the message gets stuck in the queue forever and prevents email from sending. I removed all limits options but still not working.

Can someone give me some clues

Thank you
Sylvain

What happens if you point application to send mail to stand alone IIS server running SMTP.

I've found that the Exchange SMTP server can act a little funky sometimes. (Even though its IIS under the hood, Exchange changes some of the behavior)

I have a stand alone IIS server that sits between my Exchange server and the internet. All of my internal application servers point to it instead of Exchange. I simply defined my domain as a remote domain for IIS and pointed it at my exchange server (be sure to use square brackets [] if you use the ip instead of FQDN)

PSC

Governments and corporations need people like you and me. We are samurai. The keyboard cowboys. And all those other people out there who have no idea what's going on are the cattle. Mooo! --Mr. The Plague, from the movie "Hackers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back