Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange recovery mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

spr1049nc03

Technical User
Jan 30, 2004
US
I have a client laptop with Outlook 2003. It hangs during shutdown and the will not start normally. The message says that Exchange is currently in recovery mode. connect, work offline or Cancel. I searched the forums and could not find solution. Any Ideas?

Thanks

How did the mailbox come to be? Did you migrate it from somewhere? What steps did you use? Normally when outlook starts in recovery mode and can't connect, it's because the mailbox wax exmerged and the GUID of the original mailbox was not preserved. The ost on the client becomes orphaned; it cannot sync or connect to exchange.

It was a new install and a new Mailbox. I tried a new laptop in the docking station and logged on as user and Outlook worked fine. I put the older laptop back and Log on to Outlook and get this message. What starts this message, I beleive is that the 3 finger sulte was needed to shut Outlook down. when the laptop is shutdown Outlook hangs.

Thank you

I tried that with no luck. Same thing. Maybe I just need a reload on my laptop.

John

Delete the Outlook profile, and recreate it.

Pat Richard, MCSE(2) MCSA:Messaging, CNA(2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back